Thursday, October 23, 2008

This is gonna hurt!

U.S. policymakers mull creation of domestic intelligence agency

CNNOctober 22, 2008

WASHINGTON (CNN) — The United Kingdom has MI-5, which roots out spies and terrorists in the British Isles.

Canada has CSIS — the Canadian Security Intelligence Service. Now Congress is asking: Should the U.S. have its own domestic intelligence agency?


Yikes!

I received this article in an email from a friend. Also included was this piece on how the Joe Wurzelbacher saga goes above and beyond Obama and his loyal media minions. Here's a taste:

But the New York Times did some digging and discovered – horror – that Joe is doing plumbing without a proper business license. How dare he call himself a plumber! A license is required by Toledo, not just one license or a partnership but for everyone who is called a plumber. Joe has not taken the training courses, is not a member of the union, and cannot legally call himself a plumber.

The press reports on this were explosive, with reporters speaking as if they had caught this guy red-handed and completely discredited him. But what about the complete absurdity of the idea that you have to have a license in order to have the right to fix someone else's sink? This is Soviet like, but deeply entrenched in American professional life.

RTWT. I have actually pondered on this very issue for years as I am a school trained and "unlicensed" electrician (no I won't come over and fix your foyer light), but if I decide to build my own house I can't legally do the electrical work without an electrician who possesses a license present. I'm not a big fan. I do understand the difference in hiring my drunk heathen nephew-in-law to come over and fix my recalcitrant lighting circuits - which he will surely screw up - and picking a competent electrician who I know has taken the time to be trained in a school, state or otherwise, to do it right, but I get what I pay for; thus when my bubba friend screws up my lights it is my fault to begin with, and I shouldn't have been stupid enough to hire him in the first place. I see nowhere where this is a state problem. Just my $.02.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last time I checked the FBI is the domestic intelligence service. Why do we need another one?

Unknown said...

I have no idea, but the last thing we need right now is another secret society that answers to no one trying to find out if every American is a dirty "tearist."