Thursday, October 23, 2008

Political gnashing of teeth

At this point I am merely a spectator in the political world, but as we get closer to election day it brings out the best in some people, like this rant by Ragin' Dave over at 4RWWS:
"Have the Republicans been much better than the commies? Nope. That's why I'm not a republican. I turned THAT particular card into confetti years ago, and mailed it back to the RNC letting them know that when they decided to return to their conservative roots, they'll get me back as a member. Hasn't happened yet, and I don't know if it'll happen at all. But electing Barak Obama would be the national equivalent of suck-starting a shotgun."
That's funny, right there!

2 comments:

Haji said...

I hate to say it, since I've been a lifelong Republican, but I'm right there with him. I'm a conservative first, but I simply can't accept Obama as President. He's gotta be the dumbest smart guy ever to be in politics. He'll likely prove to be an even worse President than Carter was, and that takes a lot of doing.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. This election is almost worth crying over, cos' I know it's going to effect my kids in the future.

I vote small govt every time, and I know I don't have a legitimate choice this time, but having Obama in office would be the death toll for this country.