So many people think that firearms are the only tool that enable one to kill, but this is flawed logic. There are more efficient ways to mass murder, and the materials are readily available to anyone.
There are a number of lefties who believe that if firearms were taken away from us mere civilians, than the world would cease to become violent because there would no longer be a way to kill. History says otherwise, and I often point this out:
- The deadliest school massacre in US history, and second deadliest spree killing in modern history was carried out with a bomb.
- The deadliest act of domestic terrorism in US history was committed with a bomb.
- The deadliest act of terrorism in US history was committed using airplanes which were taken by force using box cutters.
- The deadliest spree killing in modern history was committed with grenades and two rifles with only 18 cartridges.
- This man killed 30 people in an hour and a half with swords and a rifle.
History is filled with far more killing in the absence of firearms. We cannot dis-invent the gun, nor can we destroy all metal, stone, bone and wood. There will always be a method to kill in numbers, and the laws of men cannot suppress a black heart.
Good on the parents of this kid for paying attention.