Sunday, April 20, 2008

My rant to Wal-Mart

I didn't have the time during the week, but here is what I sent them today:

To whom it may concern,

It upsets me to hear that Wal-Mart signed into agreement with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the Mayors Against Illegal Guns. This group works diligently to destroy the rights of guns owners, and I can't see how this agreement will produce anything useful. Federal and State law are adequate for retaining the Federal Firearms License needed for Wal-Mart to sell firearms, and to go “above and beyond” based on the assertions of a blatant anti-gun organization is disingenuous.

My first firearm, a Mossberg Model 500 shotgun, was purchased at the Wal-Mart here in Fredericksburg. I defended Wal-Mart when the decision was made to reduce firearm sales, and I have always purchased ammunition and other shooting supplies at my local Wal-Mart because prices are always lower than other stores. However, I will not defend nor patronize a business that takes measures to stand on my rights.

This agreement assures that I will be taking all of my business elsewhere. Please spare me the generic reply that Wal-Mart has issued to the outraged gun owners before me; I have seen that reply, and find it to be lacking.

Sincerely,

Carlton
Fredericksburg, VA

Time will tell what their response is, but as of this week I am officially off the low price teat of Wal-Mart. My problem now is that Target sucks, and doesn't sell ammo, and I have been on a borderline Gander Mountain boycott for over a year now.

Update: That didn't take long. Wal-Mart responded with the generic email that I specifically asked them not to send. They did, however, say that for further correspondance, reply to this email. I will see what else I can get from them.
Post a Comment