Friday, July 17, 2009

"Gun Free" Chicago

The Chicago police superintendent says so far there has been an officer-involved shooting every day this month.
My emphasis.

Maybe there should be a law? Make it not only illegal for criminals to own firearms in the city, but make it illegal to point them at cops! Then the criminals would stop! Everybody wins!

Yaaaay Win!!

But wait, there's more:
"The level of violence being shown toward police officers is extraordinarily disturbing. People are trying to murder police officers left and right. And if you think about it, if they will do that to a uniformed officer, what will they do to innocent civilians on the street> And that's why we need the community to work with us," said Supt. Jody Weis, Chicago Police.
And therein lies an answer to the unasked question. What is the real problem? Chicago has a scumbag problem, not a gun problem. You have scumbags who have no consideration for human life. How many innocent Chicagoans have been shot and/or killed this year? Probably more than cops. And if I lived in that violent city, for whatever reason, and the cops there enforced illegal laws that disarmed me and put my family in danger, you can bet that I would not work with the police.

Why should I? So the scumbag that I snitch on, that gets arrested and jailed for nine months, can get paroled early and gun down my entire family? Not likely.

Fix the scumbag problem, and quit disarming the good guys.

No comments: