Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Mob is dangerous

At this point, I pass over several mob attack stories every week. There are many of them. Today, Captain Curt links to a story from Milwaukee where a mob of "youths" attacked as many as twenty people, beating them savagely:


Minutes later Bublitz saw a male friend hit in the temple and fall down. Her fiancé told her to run to safety. James Zajackowski, 28, said things suddenly turned chaotic.

"Within 30 seconds to a minute, bottles were flying and people started getting punched. I was in shock. I thought, 'Really? Is this really happening?' I was on the ground, people were trying to get into my pockets, I could feel their hands but I held on to my cellphone and my wallet," said Zajackowski, a census worker.

Emily Mowrer, 27, was not hurt but saw her friends beaten and punched and full beer bottles thrown at them. Her boyfriend was punched. She saw Perry lying with blood on her face, not moving. She called 911 on her cellphone.

"I saw some of my friends on the ground getting beat pretty severely. They got away with one of my friends' bikes. Some people had their wallets stolen," said Mowrer, who owns a house with her boyfriend in Riverwest. "It didn't seem like it was a mugging - it seemed like an attack. Like they weren't after anything - just violence."
Read that article. There's several accounts of people hit with bottles and beaten while on the ground. Wallets and property can be replaced, but when you have a large group of people hitting someone with hard objects -- in the head, no less -- and punching, kicking, and stomping while they are helpless on the ground, my logic says that that is attempted manslaughter. Tell me that if you smashed a full beer bottle over the forehead of a police officer that you wouldn't be charged with that very crime, and rightly so.

These attacks have gained traction in the news, and all the savage youths are thinking that they can do the same thing. I don't see the Milwaukee police doing a whole lot as far as finding the little scumbags and locking them up. Let's hope Wisconsin folk take advantage of their new law when it gets signed and look out for themselves.


2 comments:

Broken Andy said...

Remember, in Milwaukee the Chief of Police is more interested in arresting legal gun owners than fighting actual criminals... because fighting crime is hard... picking on the law abiding is easy.

Unknown said...

It fascinates me that the cops didn't seem interested in the assaults. You would think that the "public" getting beaten would be paramount to finding out who stole a bike.