Saturday, May 26, 2012

Stairway to the danger zone

About two Hours into my Memorial day weekend yesterday, things took an interesting turn when my ten month old went down a full flight of stairs for the first time ALL BY HIMSELF!!!! YIPPY!!! Afterwords I decided to take him for a fun filled adventure to this place called ER Land. Unfortunately, they weren't offering face painting, but they were offering doses of radiation where they took neat-oh pictures of his bones and brain! Yayyyy!! Fun times. Here's the beast with 3.1 teeth wearing a stylish arm adornament:











Kids fashion these days. . .

The final toll for his stairwell adventure was a goose egg on his forehead, complete with carpet burn, and a broken right arm. Looks like his newly found mobility will be limited for a month. It's Blue Moons and movies for us this weekend. I hope y'all have a great weekend for this Memorial Day! My heart goes out to all the Veterans who did the hard thing, I appreciate your sacrifice!

9 comments:

Miguel said...

Oh sweet Jesus! I hope you are breathing normally now and that he recovers the soonest.

Broken Andy said...

Oh my! I hope he turns out ok. A broken arm is serious especially for a child that young.

My son fell down some stairs Tuesday and by the time I got to him he had blood coming out of his nose. Bad stuff, but he was ok. This weekend is has strep though.

Take care.

Unknown said...

Thank much, Miguel! I think his arm will be fine in a month. At least that's what the doc says.

Andy- strep doesn't sound very fun. I hope your boy gets better soon.

Y'all be safe this weekend!

David said...

Wow! Hope he heals quickly. And hopefully mom and dad are doing okay too!

mike's spot said...

sorry to hear it- heres hoping for a speedy and uneventful recovery!

MSgt B said...

Glad to hear he's still in one piece (mostly).

Enjoy what's left of your weekend.

Old NFO said...

OH man, heart attack city! Thankfully they didn't try to arrest you for child abuse!!! Cute kid by the way :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks all for your comments! It was a rough weekend, but he's doing fine. In 3 weeks he won't even remember anything about this.

Michael W. said...

Dude!

I SO sorry to hear about the young' un taking the tumble. I hope that the recovery is quick and and easy for both the little whipper AND the parents.