Monday, May 14, 2012

A picture is worth a thousand words

Well then, I have a priceless treasure for you.  I'm a big fan of the Chive, so you'll see these posts every now and then.  Looking at these pics, when you get to number 31, you should have an idea of the environment the Marine Corps M16A4 has to operate in, and why the "sand tests" you see internet fanbois putting their M4geries through don't reflect reality.  Also, pic #52 shows the terrifying M1 Garand Assault Clip that you hear so much about.  Lastly, for the martial artists in the room, the GIF from #22 in this pic thread shows the devastation that a kick can do when it connects properly.  I can't stop watching it; it's like a train wreck.

5 comments:

Broken Andy said...

Just how old is that picture of the carrier? Those look like F14s on the tail.

Drew said...

m1 extended clip made me laugh hard enough for my co workers to not be stoked on me monday morning

Old NFO said...

Heh... I KNOW the guys in pic 8... They both used to work for me! And the 'rest' of the story is they were replacing all the toilets in the house and decided to just screw around playing 'horseshoes' in the side yard! This is the same guy that parks his Harley in the living room :-)

Broken Andy said...

NFO, I find it both cool that you know them and at the same time unsurprising.

Unknown said...

Now that's funny! And I'm not surprised either. .