Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hunters, are you paying attention?

If you haven't heard already, the government that is supposed to be protecting you and I screwed up. There's a shocker! The US Department of Agriculture recalled 143 million pounds of beef from a California (surprised?) slaughterhouse. This line cemented my plans to homeschool:
"The beef subjected to the recall dates to February 2006. Most of it has already been consumed, including in school lunch programs."
There's nothing to worry about folks! It has already been eaten by your children. We've got everything under control. As far as we know, nobody has perished due to our malfeasance.
"Officials of the U.S. Department of Agriculture say the recall is more precautionary than anything else."
CYA time.

This is exactly why I hunt! For those liberal soccer moms who tell me that I shouldn't hunt because it's cruel and I can get plenty of food at the Piggly Wiggly, take this to heart! So your cows that are so humanely tortured to provide you with shoes and a burger are a better alternative to me blasting an old doe that would just wind up on your windshield! Perfect.

I asure you, me and my fellow hunters take far more precautions to end their life honorably and humanely. If you don't believe me, chew this cud:
"the scandalous conditions at the Hallmark/Westland Meat Packing, based in Chino, only came to light because animal rights activists went undercover and filmed the horrific way workers tried to get the downer cows to stand. The cows were so stricken it defies belief that they got that way in the minutes or hours between inspection and slaughter."
"The video shows cows being given electric shocks, dragged by chains attached to trucks, hauled by forklifts and subjected to simulated drowning."

No comments: