Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Who says torture isn't effective?

Last night I was setting dinner on the table for the kids and was short one fork, so I went to the drawer to get one, but there were none. Remembering the dishes in the dishwasher were clean, I reached in there to fetch one and when I did, a tine from one of the forks slipped about a quarter of an inch up under my thumbnail. In the space of about ten seconds afterwords, I confessed to all sorts of things, though I'm reasonably sure I didn't give up any cuss words. I had an audience of impressionable people, and I've been making a genuine attempt to not swear anymore. I could have done better with my temper, though.

2 comments:

Broken Andy said...

I don't think you did anything I wouldn't have done. Actually, if you didn't give up any cuss words than you did better than I would have done.

Unknown said...

It's been pretty tough. The f-bomb is a connecting word in my family, and it rolls off the tongue easily. We're trying to be the first in my fam to have kids that speak intelligently.