Monday, June 1, 2009

Strong legislation needed

Witnesses told 7NEWS that a fight between gang members precipitated the shooting. Geneva, who didn't want her last name used said that she saw gang members flashing signs and fighting with each other just before the shooting.

Obviously we need to outlaw gangs and ban gang signs, that's just common sense, but the first thing that crossed my mind was that they have violent gangs in Colorado.

Colorado? Really?!?!

Anyways, it's pretty horrible that an innocent person was killed. I don't have much sympathy for gangbangers that kill each other, but bystanders are a different matter.

5 comments:

AndyJ said...

I had the same feeling after I watched the latest History channel program-GANGLAND. I was rather surprised to see that there were L.A. gangs in Anchorage, Alaska dealing drugs and shooting each other. Anchorage, Alaska??????? Now don't tell me that they don't have enough Polar Bear and Brown Bear feeding grounds that they couldn't take care of the gang problem very quickly.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could find the article, but the notorious MS-13 is reported to use Eagle county, home of Vail and Beaver Creek ski resorts, as a place to get away to when in trouble elsewhere. They try to lay low while up here, but you still end up with the grafitti tagging.

Brass

Anonymous said...

Here's the story I mentioned above.Brass

Anonymous said...

I've suggested in the past thatwe teach markmanship in high school, college and prisons. That way, we'll reduce the number of innocent bystanders killed by inept gang bangers.

Unknown said...

I had no idea that gangs had cast their net so wide. It just seems kinda silly to have ganstas in BF Colorado or Alaska.

Perhaps the only way to make it stop is to treat gangs like pirates and hang them from the mast. Well, not so much these days considering we treat pirates with kid gloves.

Thanks for the MS13 link. I've seen Gangland a couple of times. It makes sense that they come to the US to find new opportunity.