Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New footage doesn't look good

The Oklahoma Highway Patrolman that clashed with an EMT almost a month ago says his dashcam vindicates his actions.

I can't agree from what I see.

Any disputes about a traffic violation, failure to yield to a police cruiser with flashing lights, or whatever, should have been dealt with at the hospital. The moment the EMT said he had a patient in the car is the moment all arguing should have stopped. Both the cop and the EMT have a sworn duty to protect the public, and the woman in the back of the ambulance is "the public."

If it were my ass in the back of that ambulance, you can bet that I wouldn't be happy waiting on the side of the road for two professionals who serve the public to finish their dick measuring contest. Take me to the hospital already.

No comments: