Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Violence in smalltown Virginia

A carjacking and an armed robbery in Fredericksburg, an armed robbery in Orange county, an armed robbery in Culpeper, and this friggin guy who murdered a woman an then some in Spotsylvania. The savages are restless these days.

In the latter case, the scumbag in question has a lengthy record of ten felonies; using the Virginia Court search thingy I found a bunch of misdemeanors, a 2nd DUI charge, a felony Malicious Wounding charge for which he was on parole for when he committed the above linked atrocities, a felony charge for "DR AFTER DECLARED H.O." whatever that is, some forged checks, and a felony Burglary charge, and that's just from a search of three counties. Why was this guy not in prison in the first place? Also, it seems most of the charges for these crimes were dropped, meaning that these charges are in addition to the ten felonies that he's already been convicted of. What law enforcement official(s) are responsible for this, and why are they not being held accountable? Perhaps such reckless negligence warrants some jail time too?

Update: Geodkyt comments that "DR After Declared H.O." probably means "Driving after declared a Habitual Offender", which makes perfect sense since the guy has multiple DUIs already. Thanks!

3 comments:

Geodkyt said...

I believe it is "Driving after declared a Habitual Offender", in other words a three strikes law for drunk drivers.

Unknown said...

Thanks much!

Anonymous said...

I have ben keeping tabs on a unsavory fellow. A convicted felon who serveda year nd now has gotten mulyiple misdemeanors in a short period of time. He is a ripoff artist who use an aias bt must havedone something that the courts lked so in one county his long rap sheet has been n omission. I guess tey think he is capable of beng a contributing member of society and a model citzen. I hae my doubts. I have noticed thatnot everyone gets the breaks from the curts that this guy does. You go figure. Thanks for the insight, I thught I was loosing m mind. I guess without a defree inlaw I will never make sense of thejustice system, but I should feel better knowing that in the US we have one flawed but attempting to providesfety and justice to the us population. Just dont get me started on trying and cnvicting innocent peopl and the death penalty.