Friday, August 14, 2009

My morning laugh

So I was on my way to work this morning while rocking some Disturbed when their cover of Land of Confusion by Phil Collins came on. I was just noting how appropriate the song was in today's political climate - right up until the line "I Won't Be Coming Home Tonight / My Generation Will Put It Right / We're Not Just Making Promises / That We Know We'll Never Keep" where I laughed coffee out both nostrils.

Somehow I always knew that my generation wouldn't really grow up to be responsible.

Thinking about the meaning of the song, I wonder if the author is looking at his TV set right now and doing a forehead smack at the greed and corruption that is going on; maybe even longing for some of the fiscal responsibility and decisiveness from the Reagan years, even for a moment.

Can't you see this is a land of confusion?

No comments: