Sunday, September 7, 2008

Technical difficulties

Sorry about the lack of posting, and the lack of a Movie Guns. I will get to it soon. This is the busy season for me, and I've been at it for almost three weeks straight. I'll be on travel again very soon, with thirty flights in three weeks. My dilemma is that my work laptop is a humongous piece of shit. I can't capture video on it for some reason, and it's pissing me off.

Normally I use Windows Media Player and use the fantastic "print screen" function, but it seems that this computer cant't do it. When I capture an image and paste it into an image program like Microsoft Digital Image Suite the video keeps playing. If I stop the video then the picture disappears. I've tried flattening the image and that didn't work either.

I have tried rolling back to WMP10, and that didn't work. Adjusting the settings by sliding the video acceleration bar to "none," unchecking the layers box, unchecking YUV, RGB, video mixing renderer, and all of the other tips that you find online haven't done a thing but make me more mad. If this were my own personal computer I would have long ago sent a 180 grain Barnes VLC smashing through the screen before I chopped it up into little pieces and then set it on fire.

I have downloaded software from different video image capture over a dozen times now with no success. Maybe a hotel computer will make things happen for me. At this point I am boycotting Microsoft products as they are pure garbage. Thanks for nothing.

My video card is a GeForce 7900 GL; not that that means anything to me, and the PC is a Toshiba Satellite P105. I have used WMP, RealPlayer, WINDVD, VLC Media Player, Frame Shots, BlazeDVD, Debut Video Capture Software, CreativeSoftWorx, and Snagit. They all suck. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to this thing to make it capture video besides soaking it in a tub full of gasoline? Is this a video card problem?

2 comments:

Paul said...

VLC sucks if you're trying to use print screen, but they've got a command in it to grab the current frame. Works when the DVD is paused, too. Honestly, I figured that's what you were doing.

Anonymous said...

disable video overlay on VLC, stops it from relaying straight to your card. The 7900 mobile is a great video chipset for a laptop, not the problem. If that doesn't work, the easy command to snap a shot through VLC as mentioned above, is control+alt+ s