Monday, September 19, 2011

Gun show scores

I met up with Andy on Saturday for some gun show goodness, and we did well. Andy picked up a piece of history that will no doubt be very useful; 7.62x54R will take down anything on this continent, and head shots on zombies should be easy at ranges out to 300 yards or so with irons. Good stuff.

My score included a box of 95 grain Winchester Ranger-T for the Kel-Tec; I'm going to run them through the paces to see if they're worthy of being a carry load. Until then I'll stick with the 100 grain Buffalo Bore Hard Cast. At one of the tables I picked up a used Lee single stage press in good condition for $20. Can't have too many of those. I've already cleaned it up, greased it, and found a place for it to work on my reloading bench.

Both Andy and I brought sons along for the show. When I was a kid, the gun show was held at the local National Guard armory, and I still remember my dad and grandad carrying me around to look at all the guns. I don't think my son will remember this particular trip; he was as unbehaved as he could possibly be, at one point screaming at me red-faced "I'M MAD AT YOU" for no reason that I'm aware of, and at another time tipping over a fifty round MTM box full of 8mm tracer rounds at a dollar a piece, spilling them all over the concrete floor. I didn't find out until I got home that he had a fever, so he has an alibi for his recalcitrance.

1 comment:

Broken Andy said...

I hope your son is feeling better. Don't think mine will remember it either, but there are plenty more where those some from.