Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Drive-by crossbowing and other violent and bizarre stories

It sounds to me like this country has come completely unglued. There are so many violent attacks and thievery in the news these days that it makes my head spin; we have this morning a story out of San Diego about a kid shot with a crossbow in a drive-by. We also have widespread and rampant thievery of things like HVAC units, copper pipes and wire, toilet paper, hair extensions; and it's all become a family affair as well.

I've passed on many crazy stories just like that one this week already, but there are so many that are too close to home that I'm getting irritated.

There's this one out of the Fredericksburg, Virginia Wal-Mart where a teenager was beaten into a coma by other teens, and also an armed robbery and carjacking at a gas station right across the street. I shopped at that Wal-Mart with my family this weekend, and I get gas at that station all the time with my kids in the car early in the morning; the idea of a group of thuggish little shits attacking my family or driving off in my car with them makes my blood boil. There was also an armed home invasion where the homeowner was attacked with a baton over some prescription meds.

If anyone wonders why I'm so damned paranoid, this is why. With all the mob-of-disenfranchised-teens beating up folks and robbing stores all over the country, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's on edge.

5 comments:

Drew said...

shit, in the last week we've had meth raids AND multiple shootouts in areas where i drive and skateboard. someone shot 11 people including 2 pregnant woman. unreal. and whats even worse, no one is in cuffs, everyone in the community isn't coming forward with info.

Unknown said...

Yikes man! Keep your head down out there!

Drew said...

you know you live in a bad city when your only 25 and have been researching getting bulletproof windows on your truck for years.

mike's spot said...

Man that is bad.

I must say, the drive by crossbowing (can that be a verb?) is a new one to me.

Unknown said...

Look on the bright side, at least the journalist writing the piece didn't call it an "assault bow" and rail about how bolts were sprayed all over the place!