Monday, August 29, 2011

Another HST believer

My brother told me about Federal's HST rounds quite awhile ago, and he's having excellent results with the 147 grain +Ps from his Smith and Wesson M&P Pro:



I'm hearing now that they've been pulled off the shelf for some reason or another. I looked at ordering some more this weekend, but can't find them anywhere. Shame on you, Federal.

Hopefully one day Federal will offer the HST bullet as a component for reloading. I know for a fact now that I can get a 147 grain bullet started at over 1,000 fps, and I'm hoping I can get it over 1,110 fps with the right powder.

4 comments:

Drew said...

i prefer the 124 but hst is all i carry.

Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of the 124s as well, but recently got hooked on the heavies. The carry load the HSTs are replacing are 124 grain Black Hills +P. They shoot awesome, but I hear they don't expand all that well.

Drew said...

i did water jug tests with mine, i'll link pictures when i get the chance.

Drew said...

i'll have to water jug the 147's and compare. i'm curious have you ever experimented with magsafes? i know a guy who is all about them based more of less that their expensive and expensive must equal good. i also get a kick out of him refusing to shoot them to learn what they do BECAUSE they are so expensive.