Thursday, January 13, 2011

So a guy walks into a doctors office. . . . .

. . . . with three small sick children, snot running down their red little noses, and when the nurse opens the door and calls out his name, down came a Glock 26 wrapped in a Comp-Tac Infidel holster made of kydex, bouncing off of his thigh and clattering onto the floor of the waiting room.

True story.

Thankfully the waiting room was completely empty, and neither the nurse at the door or the one at the desk was the wiser. The problem I see is that it's possible to bump the bottom of the holster and knock the belt clip over the belt, and with the Glock 26 being so short, it tumbles right out of the waist line. Handling a three, two, and almost one year old with all the gear that's needed to sustain them, things like a pistol clipped inside the waistband are easy to get knocked around.

Well, I've always wanted to try a Summer Special!

*Edit: I can't remember who said it; I think it was Michael Bane but I'm not sure, who said that this is the same reason why he avoids using yaqui style holsters, as the muzzle of the gun can be bumped upwards and the pistol can come out. Same concept.

2 comments:

Nancy R. said...

I found out last weekend that when a magazine full of 16 rounds of 9mm fall out of its little carry case onto your foot in Kohl's, it leaves a mark on your foot. I figure if my XD ever jams, I can just throw my extra mags at the bad guy and take him out that way.

Unknown said...

It's just a subtle warning to potential scumbags to go somewhere else!