Monday, January 31, 2011

Close range gunfight

Count me out.

This is video footage with audio from the recent shootout at a Detroit police station.


Yikes!

I would have wanted to be anywhere but there at that moment. It puts it into perspective when you consider standing on a static range shooting at paper, and you are putting round after round into the target with great accuracy. From what I can see here in this video, the whole daggone ballgame changes when your paper target comes and finds you at your desk and starts blasting away with a shotgun.

As a rather large and intense Drill Instructor once told me, "when you're being shot at, I promise you that you will be so low to the dirt that your helmet will plow a trench into the earth!"

I think his statement was accurate!

1 comment:

Daddy Hawk said...

I've said it more than once, but it bears repeating: You never know how you're going to react until it's all over. These are trained police officers and each of their reactions are decidedly different. One of them even threw a trash can.