Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Little beauties

Last night I got done with my first full batch of 45 ACP.



Putting each one together is like watching a child grow.

I'm so proud!!!

I am going to mass produce ammo like never before. Just the thought of being able to shoot my 1911 lifts my spirits.

.380 ACP is next; the mold should be here today. Now I just need some time.

Something someone mentioned to me the other day though when I said that five gallon buckets of dirt hung from trees make awesome animated targets, he said that that was a "green" way to shoot, as I wouldn't be putting lead into the environment. I guess so! I'm goin greeeeeen man!!

It's also a good way to save lead. Not that I'm that stingy; wheel weights cost very little, and the amount of bullets that can be made from one bucket of them is amazing. However, it sure would be easier to re-melt lead bullets than to melt wheel weights with the metal clips. I'm gonna make this lead last.

2 comments:

mike's spot said...

is that the lee 230gr TL RN? let me know how it shoots. I like the lee 230 gr TC with the single lube groove, but it drops closer to 240 gr with my alloy. Eats through my stash too fast!

Unknown said...

Yup, same one. I've only fired a few rounds of it, so I haven't had the chance to test it's accuracy. I will soon though.