Friday, April 23, 2010

A lucky Hamilton, Montana police officer

Dashcam footage from a Hamilton, Montana (could be Wyoming; I don't know why they don't ever bother posting the state somewhere on a news site) police cruiser during a traffic stop that went bad. Fortunately the drunken gunman didn't get his shot off when he intended to, giving the officer a second chance.

I bet the cop has watched this footage a hundred times now in complete disbelief, but absolutely thankful he came through.

Do note that drunken and deceased scumbag has a lengthy and violent record, but was still out and about while armed.

2 comments:

Nancy R. said...

Damn. Just .... damn. Hope he bought a lottery ticket on the way home.

bluesun said...

I'd guess MT, it's the Billings Gazette. I've got a freind who's been working off an on in Hamilton. Maybe I'll have to tell her not to shoot at the cops.