Sunday, April 20, 2008

My rant to Wal-Mart

I didn't have the time during the week, but here is what I sent them today:

To whom it may concern,

It upsets me to hear that Wal-Mart signed into agreement with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the Mayors Against Illegal Guns. This group works diligently to destroy the rights of guns owners, and I can't see how this agreement will produce anything useful. Federal and State law are adequate for retaining the Federal Firearms License needed for Wal-Mart to sell firearms, and to go “above and beyond” based on the assertions of a blatant anti-gun organization is disingenuous.

My first firearm, a Mossberg Model 500 shotgun, was purchased at the Wal-Mart here in Fredericksburg. I defended Wal-Mart when the decision was made to reduce firearm sales, and I have always purchased ammunition and other shooting supplies at my local Wal-Mart because prices are always lower than other stores. However, I will not defend nor patronize a business that takes measures to stand on my rights.

This agreement assures that I will be taking all of my business elsewhere. Please spare me the generic reply that Wal-Mart has issued to the outraged gun owners before me; I have seen that reply, and find it to be lacking.

Sincerely,

Carlton
Fredericksburg, VA

Time will tell what their response is, but as of this week I am officially off the low price teat of Wal-Mart. My problem now is that Target sucks, and doesn't sell ammo, and I have been on a borderline Gander Mountain boycott for over a year now.

Update: That didn't take long. Wal-Mart responded with the generic email that I specifically asked them not to send. They did, however, say that for further correspondance, reply to this email. I will see what else I can get from them.

2 comments:

the pawnbroker said...

good man, c-tone: it truly is difficult to wean oneself from the "price leader"; of course that was their goal when they set out to eliminate their competitors.

we will see how many of our Constitution loving brethren have the strength of their convictions...will it be enough to have a financial impact on wallyworld and change their plans? again, we will see...jtc

jaysview said...

All do not give in to Bloomberg's. See bloombergfightbackfund .com