Friday, April 4, 2008

Gun hysteria from the Associated Press

Tim McGuire reports on the arrested man who "may have been on the verge" of a school massacre in Florida. There are all of the standard media lines of hysteria, like saying that the police confiscated a "cache" of guns (13 in all), "over five thousand rounds," and this gem:
"100 rounds of ammunition loaded into a feeding clip that authorities say are meant to take down an aircraft or military machinery."

Really? I didn't know that the gun blobby had pushed "armor piercing feeding clips" into the general population. They must be mailing them out by the thousands! Silly NRA, why would anyone need a feeding clip that can take out military machinery?

I don't believe one damn word that the media says anymore.

2 comments:

Mike W. said...

OH MY GOD! 13 guns and 5,000 rounds of ammo. Between .22, 9mm, and 5.56 I've got close to 5K worth of ammo, and I'm ~ 1/4 of the way to his 13 gun total.

At what point is it considered a "stockpile" 5K? 1K? 500 rounds? I could only imagine if they stumbled upon the homes of most AR15.com members.

Unknown said...

That's what I'm thinking too. I've told my wife, if my door was ever knocked down by the cops, I'd be screwed.

Guns, ammo, military books, military gear, chem/bio/WMD books..etc. Of course the media would conveniently leave out the part about me being military.