Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sharing is good

I've had these for awhile now, but only recently uploaded them to my photobucket account. These are targets that I made for various purposes, and they have 1 inch and/or 1/4" markings to help you measure the horrific groups from your shooting. I made them using GIMP -- that's the program I use to print them, and the lines subtend correctly. I'm not sure if they will print correctly from whatever garbage imaging software Microsoft puts on your computer these days, but when your priviledged 30 day trial is up, I recommend GIMP (it's free).

Click on the targets to make them bigger, and then save them. If that doesn't work out let me know and I'll try to modify them so they can be saved and printed.

Anyways, here's my favorite 100 yard rifle target:


The green diamonds make it hard to see your groups from a 9x optic, which for me is a good thing as I don't get all excited and blow my group with the last shot. Walking down to check the target is like opening a Christmas present (unless the groups suck, then I throw a fit).

Here's the same target in orange, which I can see the shot holes with a 9x scope:


Now, for those with high magnification optics and super accurate rifles, here's the same targets with smaller diamonds for you to miss:



I also have this one for 200+ yard shooting, and it can also double as a handgun target:


Lastly, I use this one as a handgun target to test different factory self-defense ammo:


If your printer is a hand-me-down from Adam and Eve that no longer prints magnificent colors, you can stick the orange dots from Wal-Mart on the diamonds, which helps a bunch.

2 comments:

Broken Andy said...

Cool.

Drew said...

printed a couple of these out and used them at the range this weekend to zero in new fiber optic. cheers!