Sunday, July 4, 2010

My 3rd of July

What a great day! Yesterday I spent a few hours casting bullets while everyone around me was shooting fireworks into the air. Sure, the bigger ones wake the kids up every now and then, but this comes around once a year, and I like the scenery.

Anyhow, I learn more and more every time I give this a shot, like not smelting at 900 degrees unless you want fluffy purple bullets. The zinc wheel weights usually float to the top, but when the heat is high they can and do melt. Ooops.

Here is yesterday's booty:


Click to make bigger and more beautiful.


See those eeensy weeensy little ones? Those would be 102 grain boooolits for my Kel-Tec P3AT! No more ammo shortage for this guy. Dies are in the mail. Now to expand on my shell casing collection, and I will be mass producing those as well.

Range report to follow hopefully in the next week or so. In the meantime, I'm going to smoke my single stage press making .45 ACP. The zombies could be braying on my door as early as tomorrow, so I have to be prepared.

4 comments:

Seth said...

I can't help but laugh when I think of the first time I heard that ("booolits"), Happy Independence day C-tone!

mike's spot said...

hope the 4th went well! I've had okay luck with the lee 105 gr LSWC in the 380 as well. Its a nice combo mold for 380, 38 spl., and 9mm.

Unknown said...

I'm surprised I was even able to find a 380 mold in stock, all things considered. I was even able to find dies!

mike's spot said...

tellin' ya- reloading is the only way to fly.