Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gun Cabinet Warning

About a year and a half ago, I bought a Stack-On pistol strong box that's made to put in a drawer. I never did use it because it is just a little too thick to place in any drawer that I use, so it has sat under my bed all this time. This morning I pulled it out because I have found a place to use it, but I noticed that it will not unlock when it's lying flat which is how it was designed; in order to get it to unlock, you have to stand it up. This causes a problem as you need two hands to access your firearm, and you can't see it when you reach for it, as the door hinges are on the to p.

I was surprised to find that the batteries were still good. The box seems strong enough, and it has two holes for mounting it to whatever; although I am the type of person to drill several more just to make sure it stays put. With this latest finding though, I can not trust it to keep a pistol locked up. I can only imagine swearing at this thing in the dark, trying desperately to get it open while some scumbag is busting the door down.

I thought I'd give y'all a heads up.

No comments: