Monday, February 8, 2010

Alive and kicking!

Mornin' folks. My internet just came back up this morning; yesterday the stolen connectivity on my neighbor's wireless was spotty, hence the sudden lack of posting.

I have had a blast four wheeling in the snow. I've got an Xterra, which was made for this type of weather. Even with that, I got hung up in my driveway and in a cul-de-sac and had to rock back and forth to get out. The freakin snow is that deep. I know, I know, the reporters on TeeVee (who were out in this mess I might add) were telling everyone that there is absolutely no reason to drive, that it is too unsafe. I have a legitimate reason to need access to the roadways, so I'm not going to sit on my ass until the roads get cleared. I must have a way out.

You will find out why soon enough.

I wouldn't have minded a little stimulus money this weekend either; I had a great shovel ready project to do. Good thing I skipped my workout on Friday.

I've been reading High Power Rifle Accuracy by Douglas E. Arnold and it seems like a great book. I'm still in the first chapter, reading about how to properly clean your barrel, and I stopped mid paragraph and went to Ganderous Mountainous to buy some cleaning stuff. Turns out I've been doing it wrong all along. The 308 got a good swabbing, and damned if a ton of copper came out. The Ar15 is next.

I haven't cruised through the news yet today for gun fisking goodness, and I don't think I'm going to. Since the .fed is closed today, I am home with the kids; and oooooh I just got off the phone with my wonderful mother, and I am cleared hot to bring them over for some grandparent time while I make some noise with the 308! Sweet gun blasty goodness!!!

Maybe I'll take the AR too!

Range report to follow - stay warm folks!

No comments: