Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Take the Virginia gun law quiz

Here.

My only gripe is that one of the questions asks: "Are background checks required at gun shows?" - which I answered "Yes", and got it wrong. Later, another question asks: "Are background checks required on 'private' gun sales, and I answered "No", which was correct.

The first question I actually got right despite what the quiz thinks. Every gun I've ever purchased at Virginia gun shows came with a background check. Federal law still applies at gun shows, and private sales - whether at a gun show or in the parking lot of Ruby Tuesdays - do not require a background check.

You would think that this would not be confusing with all of the available information on the web.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Answered correctly on all but the one you mentioned, not much of a surprise.