Sunday, October 25, 2015

Oh. My. God - That is Some Ammo Data.

Well, that's about 2 hours of my life that I won't get back.

But wow.

Lucky Gunner just ran a massive test on handgun ammo. Looks like they covered 380 ACP, 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP... and shot a lot of each.

handgun ammo laid out on a table
They tested using Clear Ballistics synthetic gelatin.

5 rounds of each different load through four layers of denim into ballistic gel. Slow-motion video and a ton of photos.

Luckily, the HSTs I keep bedside fared pretty well. I'd love to see more of the law enforcement loads tested - Ranger T especially. Sounds like they may make some additions and I'm going to shoot them an email to suggest Ranger T.

Anyway, what a massive undertaking. I'd suggest you take a look if you're into ammo, ballistics, or you're someone who just likes to watch fast objects move through gelatin in slow-motion!


No comments: