Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wow. I'm at a loss for words.

MOBILE, Ala. — Police in Mobile, Ala., used pepper spray and a Taser on a deaf, mentally disabled who they said wouldn't leave a store's bathroom.
I still can't understand why the Taser is considered a compliance tool. I thought it was designed to be used in incidences where deadly force would be justified, but the Taser just may save the day without bloodshed. And to think that now Taser offers a repeater.

And what possible harm could come from someone taking too much time in the bathroom?

Wait, don't answer that. Dumb question.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

a friend posted something on facebook awhile back about some cops tasering the crap out of 3 kids in a youth shelter...the sorta place kids go to get AWAY from violence. All of them were minors, I left a comment similar to what you said.

Unknown said...

I'm all about cops having every modern tool that they need or want, but damn I wish they would stop Tasering people at the drop of a hat.